You have no items in your cart.
Ep18: Miles Hunt (The Wonder Stuff) on how Covid-19 stopped him from quitting the music business
Thank you for visiting – I’m very pleased to share this conversation with Miles Hunt, recorded on 27th August 2020.
Press play below or click to listen / subscribe on your favourite podcast platform.
[Content warning: some friendly swears.]
- Get two free Penfriend songs immediately – find out more here.
- I need YOU! Please subscribe, rate and review Attention Engineer (especially on Apple Podcasts) – it all helps this independent show reach more ears. Thanks!
In this conversation, we discuss:
- how Covid-19 dashed his hopes of leaving the music business and becoming a truck driver (and why he wanted to quit in the first place)
- should we just turn the internet off?
- why he hates the D chord
- has digital music ruined the chance for an album to change your life?
- when writing songs, is the songwriter just a conduit?
- person vs persona – who is the real Miles Hunt?
- what does he really think of streaming?
- how writing your autobiography can help mend relationships that went bad
Explore Miles’ work:
- “Here Comes Everyone” – The Wonder Stuff
- “Fixer” – Vent 414
- “Don’t Anyone Dare Give A Damn” – The Wonder Stuff
Find out more by visiting The Wonder Stuff’s website and following Miles on Twitter.
PS. Tom Robinson pops up in this episode to ask Miles to talk about Hamell On Trial. Listen to me talk to Tom here.
Miles Hunt has been the singer, rhythm guitarist and principal songwriter for The Wonder Stuff since 1986. Hailing from the British Midlands the band are now nine albums deep and continue to record and tour to this day. Hunt also fronts Vent 414, a three-piece band that includes Morgan Nicholls (Senseless Things / The Streets / Gorillaz / Muse) on bass guitar and Peter Howard (EAT / Queen Adreena / The Clash) on drums. He has also released a number of solo albums, written for children’s TV, been a presenter on MTV Europe and has a lifelong ambition of becoming a truck driver.
This podcast is 100% powered by my Correspondent’s Club. Thanks to every single member for your support!
New to my musical world?
+ Get two free songs music immediately by joining my mailing list.
+ I send a thoughtful weekly email every Thursday – join The Correspondent’s Club on a free or paid tier to receive it.
+ New episodes of my music podcast “Attention Engineer” are released every Wednesday – visit this page to find out more and subscribe via your favourite podcast platform.
Have a lovely day xo