You have no items in your cart.
Ep17: Corin Tucker (Sleater-Kinney) on finding your own power
Attention Engineer is back, and I’m delighted to be launching the second series with a very special conversation with Corin Tucker, recorded on 18th September 2020. Hooray!
Press play below or click to listen / subscribe on your favourite podcast platform.
[Content warning: some friendly swears.]
- Get two free Penfriend songs immediately – find out more here.
- I need YOU! Please subscribe, rate and review Attention Engineer (especially on Apple Podcasts) – it all helps this independent show reach more ears. Thanks!
In this conversation, we discuss:
- the importance of art in helping us make sense of the massive world events we’re all living through
- finding your own power through your voice
- the magic of collaboration – writing songs with REM’s Peter Buck
- why you should always watch your support bands
- the importance of finding your purpose – are you really helping your community?
- connection as a marker of true success
- the effect of COVID-19 on Sleater-Kinney’s tour plans
Explore Corin’s work:
- “For The Light I Wait”, Corin’s beautiful 2020 collaboration with Sharon Cheslow and Julia Holter
- The Center Won’t Hold – Sleater-Kinney
- Price Tag – Sleater-Kinney
- Axemen – Heavens To Betsy
You can find more of Corin’s work by visiting Sleater-Kinney and Filthy Friends around the internet and following her on Twitter.
Corin Tucker is a singer, songwriter and guitarist, best known for her work with rock band Sleater-Kinney. She started her career playing in influential early 90s band Heavens to Betsy, has released solo music as The Corin Tucker Band and collaborates with REM’s Peter Buck in Filthy Friends.
This podcast is 100% powered by my Correspondent’s Club. Thanks to every single member for your support!
New to my musical world?
+ Get two free songs music immediately by joining my mailing list.
+ I send a thoughtful weekly email every Thursday – join The Correspondent’s Club on a free or paid tier to receive it.
+ New episodes of my music podcast “Attention Engineer”are released every Wednesday – visit this page to find out more and subscribe via your favourite podcast platform.
Have a lovely day xo