Ep21: Andrew Hung (Fuck Buttons) on losing confidence and the lifechanging power of finding your singing voice
Hiyaaaaaaa – I’m very pleased to share my conversation with Andrew Hung recorded on 15th October 2020.
[Content warning: some friendly swears.]
- Get two free Penfriend songs immediately – find out more here.
- I need YOU! Please subscribe, rate and review Attention Engineer (especially on Apple Podcasts) – it all helps this independent show reach more ears. Thanks!
In this conversation, we discuss:
- losing confidence and the lifechanging power of finding your singing voice
- what to do next when your first band was really successful
- the power of silence in collaborating with Beth Orton
- courage, hope and journeying back from burnout
- instrumental music versus songs – what’s the decisionmaking process?
- social media – is it worth it?
- what is “cool”, and are we supposed to care?
- the value of labelling things – can it help focus the creative mind?
Explore Andrew’s work:
- Listen to “Realisationship” – Andrew’s first solo album
- Listen to “Tarot Sport”, the second album by Fuck Buttons
- Listen to “Kidsticks” by Beth Orton
Find out more by following him on Twitter.
Andrew Hung is a musician based in London, England. First coming into prominence as a founder of Fuck Buttons, the ecstatic noise group who garnered a rabid cult following, Hung continues to work both on his solo music, as a film composer and as a collaborator.
In 2016, Andrew’s soundtrack for “The Greasy Strangler” was released, as was Beth Orton’s album “Kidsticks”, which he co-produced. Andrew’s first solo record “Realisationship” came out in 2017, his soundtrack for “An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn” came out in 2018, and he’s just finished his second solo album, which will be released in 2021.
This podcast is 100% powered by my Correspondent’s Club. Thanks to every single member for your support!
New to my musical world?
+ Get two free songs music immediately by joining my mailing list.
+ I send a thoughtful weekly email every Thursday – join The Correspondent’s Club on a free or paid tier to receive it.
+ New episodes of my music podcast “Attention Engineer”are released every Wednesday – visit this page to find out more and subscribe via your favourite podcast platform.
Have a lovely day xo