Ep40: Laura Kidd (Penfriend) quizzed by Miles Hunt (The Wonder Stuff) on “Exotic Monsters” and always going deeper…
Welcome to a very special episode of the podcast, where my friend Miles Hunt of The Wonder Stuff turns the tables on me and steals the host microphone to quiz me on my new album “Exotic Monsters”!
[Content warning: as always, some friendly swearing.]
In this conversation, we discuss:
- being a doing person – how completing little projects gives me energy
- the role of letter writing in my life from childhood to now
- taking the time to get things right in your work, so they won’t haunt you forever
- facing up to your ghosts, and finding new freedom through music
The three pieces of my own work I recommended are:
- “Love This Body” (from the album “Brace For Impact”)
- “Seventeen” (from “Exotic Monsters”)
- “I’ll Start A Fire” (from “Exotic Monsters”)
This podcast is powered by my Correspondent’s Club. Thanks to every single member for your support!
+ Sponsor a future episode here.
+ Get your copy of my new album “Exotic Monsters” right here.
+ Get two free songs immediately when you sign up for thoughtful letters about art and music.
+ You can also follow me around the web, on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Have a lovely day xo
Hugely enjoyable episode. At least five belly laughs here.
Miles teased out some great insight and you both signposted other great listening, both directly and indirectly.
He’s right that Exotic Monsters is going to open doors for you Laura. Looking forward to my copy and hearing the full album.
I love chatting to Miles 🙂
Looking forward to more Obey Robots now
Absolutely the best interview I’ve ever listened to I wish Miles would do more of these he’s got such a refreshing no BS approach I’m not surprised he hated doing it for MTV. Well done you for coming up with such a great idea it was a real buzz to listen to and Milo is right you’re growing a really excellent collection of podcasts can’t wait for Juliana Hatfield. ❤️
Not long now!!